Newport Community and Education Centre
Outlets Co-operative Ltd is a non profit organisation and commenced its services in 1973 operating from a hall and garage know as "The Fun Factory", offering out of school hour programs to the community. The need to become more established saw the purchase of 43 Mason Street in 1975. In over 40 years of operation, Outlets has survived and grown with the community and maintained itself within the social economic environment.
Outlets extended its facilities in 1996 with a large 72 square metre room. In 2011 we built a 45 square metre multipurpose room. Outlets is an Occasional Childcare Centre and Child Care Subsidy (CCS) approved. Licensed to deliver up to 15hours of care per Childcare per week under the Victorian Childrens Services Act and Regulations. Childcare sessions are 3hr, 5hr session Mon-Fri 9-2pm curriculum following the EYLDF and NQF.
We run courses and activities in a wide range of areas. Courses range from formal Pre-Accredited training courses to informal Recreational and Social activities. There are day and evening activities.
Many one-off workshops are scheduled throughout the year & special community interest sessions held. Programs, workshops, exhibitions, come and try days, ranging from educational, music, Pre-Accredited Education and Employability Courses are delivered with Learn Local ACFE support.
Outlets provides permanent and occasional care for children aged 0 - 6 years. Childcare is a purpose built area with a large outdoor play area. the hidden heart of Newport.
Please note Outlets is CCS approved please read CCS links end of page and Childcare Enrolments
Principles of Childcare
- To ensure a flexible program is maintained to encourage growth, cultural & developmental needs of the children aged 0-6years.
- Implementing the Early Years Developmental Learning Framework (EYDLF)
- Understanding interests & experiences of each child & the sensitive needs of the individual.
- Ensuring that the children's developmental needs are met
- Importance of care & education for children
- The centre provides a pleasant & stimulating environment. (Family room/sibling care)
- Programs builds on developing an overall plan for the centre (benchmarking occasional care)
- Encourage parent involvement & value your input, ideas and support.
- Outlets employs qualified staff to ensure principals, policies, regulations, child programs are adhered to & developed.
We have a large well-appointed meeting room for hire, available to community groups and businesses. Suitable for Seminars, Meetings, Accredited course delivery, Workshops and Health exercise classes.
Outlets Newport Community Education Centre is a Registered 9b Centre for Educational and community delivery courses/programs.
Meeting room details:
- Ultra throw Data projector with audio
- Coffee and tea facilities
- Chairs and tables
- Flooring - wooden
- 44sq mtr room
- Accommodates up to 40 people